Tennis 2017 Updates
Opening Day 2017
- Opening day is Saturday, May 6 anytime between 9 am to noon. Come out and register, get caught up with other members and play a little tennis.
- Rain date is Saturday, May 13.
- While you’ve got your calendar open, be sure to add the AGM, which is Thursday, September 14 at Patterson Kaye Lodge in Bracebridge.
What’s New for 2017
- We’ve updated the application to include a self-rating guide. These ratings were developed using Ontario Tennis Association and Tennis Canada guidelines (TennisCanadaSelfRatingGuide2017.pdf), and will be used to determine which group you join. When you’re completing your application, please register for the group that best matches your skill level based on your self-rating to ensure that play is fair and fun for everyone.
- One of our goals is to give everyone the opportunity for fun, competitive, fair play. Because of this we’ve re-classified the Open group to Beginner/Intermediate. We’re asking each member to please sign up for the group best suited to their skill level based on their self-rating. This change was made based on feedback from members in the Open groups.
Based on member feedback and to maximize playing time for all groups, the proposed 2017 Schedule incorporates the changes summarized below.
- Mens Advanced Doubles will play Tuesday and Thursday afternoon.
- Ladies Advanced Doubles will play Tuesday and Thursday morning (the same day as the Advanced Men’s group). This gives all the Advanced players the opportunity to play Advanced Mixed Doubles on Monday and Wednesday afternoon.
- Men’s Beginner/Intermediate (formerly Open) Doubles have a time on Friday morning to meet this group’s request for a morning time.
- Ladies Beginner/Intermediate (formerly Open) Doubles will move to Monday and Wednesday morning.
- Mixed Beginner/Intermediate (formerly Open) Doubles have moved to Friday morning.
- Singles play has moved to Friday afternoon.
For questions or concerns about any of the above changes, please contact any one of the members of your Executive:
Jan Veitch, firstname.lastname@example.org 705 646-3705, President
Peter Hemming, email@example.com, 705 645 8116, Vice President
Norma Schuyler, firstname.lastname@example.org, 239 322 8961, Treasurer
Secretary, Bracebridge Tennis Club